Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Finally!!!

With the mail this morning, along with International Musician (time to feed the recycling bin), was a very fat padded envelope with my two contributor's copies of In Fine Form, an anthology of Canadian formal poetry in which my pantoum "Lucy, Lucie" is published. This is my first (and so far, only) appearance in print. The book is published by Polestar, an imprint of Raincoast Books, which, incidentally, also publishes the Harry Potter books in Canada.

The book looks great, and I must say, has been worth the nearly two-year wait since I first submitted. It's pretty neat to be anthologized with the likes of Leonard Cohen, Margaret Atwood, Irving Layton, and Al Purdy, to name a just few of the Canadian poetic all-stars that appear in this book.

Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with this cheque I got with the books. I'm thinking it might be better to just frame the darn thing. It's not like I can retire now.

7 comments:

Aisha said...

you got PAID!!! don't frame it-- buy us all a beer in Oslo (might be enough for ONE beer here :)

Not got mine yet-- lookin forward!

petergarner said...

LOL A beer and a dozen straws. What a sight!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I went to the U.S. Amazon.com and it's not out yet--September--but I read their review and am very impressed with this: "... historical and modern examples that showcase the best the country has produced." Wow!

Carol, impressed but not surprised

petergarner said...

Carol, Paula. thanks for your congrats. Wine, beer, it's all good, as long as we're drinking it together.

hwf said...

Meant to get to this earlier, congratulations, Peter, what we all aspire to, getting paid for our poetry. Now, if you'd rather not spend the money on mere wine or beer, there is the help the needy pay for their last lens fund. I'm open to donations :))).

Helm.

Aisha said...

Here's to Helm's 5676 pX 31/00.

I tried :)

portuguesa nova said...

Wonderful, congratulations!