Saturday, December 18, 2004

day off

and whats the first thing s. and i do... go skiing, of course. after that, we started making perhaps the worlds ultimate comfort food-- panettone. the problem is, the dough smells so good that ive had to ask s. to tie my hands behind my back so it makes it to the oven. and im typing this post with my nose, channeling e.e. cummings.

other than panettone, my life is a neverending litany of work, sleep--with visions of imacs dancing in my head--rehearsals, concerts, beer after concerts, and no time to write except now, waiting for the panettone to rise. where is the poetry in all this...

life will be more fulfilling with an imac, im sure of it...

4 comments:

Aisha said...

Sounds like a wonderful day off.
There is poetry in everything, they tell me.
But there is money -- and Imacs -- in translation jobs. So good luck.

Was the pannetone good? Looking up pannetone. Can't remember if it is that italian Christmas cake I brought back from Lori's town. Must check.

Aisha

Radish King said...

Ooo, I'd love it if you'd share your recipe for pannetone. This is my Christmas list...http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp?product=BP9609

petergarner said...

Aish, Christmas bread actually. It's soooooo good, when one can actually make it (see below).

Rebecca, I'll wait and see before I post the recipe. So far, it hasn't risen very well (I think my butter was too hot when I put it in with the yeast, so most of the yeast beasties died). I'm leaving it over night and hoping for a repopulation event (or a miracle). Maybe you could put in a good word with Ludwig for me?

Radish King said...

Done!