Saturday, May 01, 2021

Testing out (yet another) travel Bluetooth keyboard

In preparation for our upcoming #Cycletour2021, I have purchased yet another foldable Bluetooth keyboard so I can write my daily blog posts. I am writing this on the Periboard-805 Ergo, which thus far seems ok. Keys have decent travel and responsiveness; I am not used to an ergonomic keyboard, so that will take some getting used to, but at least the keys aren’t sticking or entering double letters. I am hopeful. 

Alas, this trip, which begins in just under two weeks, has already hit a snag. We were supposed to start the trip by taking the train to Rivière-a-pierre north of Quebec City; however, we recently learned that Via Rail has halted the carriage of bicycles on its trains due to lack of demand and COVID precautions. So we are scrambling to find an alternate means of getting either to Rivière-a-pierre itself or to our first night’s accommodations at the Station touristic Duchesnay. We haven’t yet cancelled our train tickets, juuust in case, but there appears to be a car rental place near Duschesnay where we could drop off a one-way car rental. We’ll get there, but I was excited about starting and ending this tour by bicycle, and it looks like that part of the plan, at least, will not happen. Stupid COVID.  

1 comment:

Terryk said...

Darn! I hadn't heard about this.