Monday, July 23, 2018

Cycle tour 2018 preview

In just under a week, Sonia and I will be embarking on #cycletour2018. It’ll be a much less ambitious trip than last year and much closer to home – a week crossing Prince Edward Island. I’m mostly posting this little preview to test out some new blogging software (MarsEdit, if you must know).

Right now, the bike’s in the shop getting a tune-up, new chain, new rear tire, and new crank bearing cartridge: it’s better to get this stuff done now than have to fix/replace stuff on the road with minimal tools.

One other new piece of gear that we have both invested in is waterproof panniers. I bought your standard Ortlieb Back-Roller Classics; Sonia got the Arkel Orca 35. I need to dummy-pack mine and do some final adjustments before we leave, but so far, the Orlieb panniers seem pretty solid.

Now, to post a picture. Since I don’t have a recent one of us biking, here’s one of my nephew with a fish he caught on a short day trip cycling along the Massawippi River in Quebec’s Eastern Townships.
Kyle with a nice fallfish

No comments: